OneTaste Open Mic – May
16 May 2012
YOU & Polarbear :)
Bedroom Bar, 62 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3AY
It’s the 3rd Wednesday of the month, which means it’s OneTaste Open Mic!
Come and share art, ideas, spark new collaborations and create friendships by enjoying a slice of London’s creative community.
So, whether you are looking for a gig at OneTaste, wanting to try out your new material,
in search of new collaborators or simply coming to hang out and embrace the unexpected, you will be warmly welcomed to this lively night of spontaneity and art.
So what’s the deal?
ARTIST SIGN UP:
We welcome poets, dancers, storytellers, comedians, musicians, cabaret acts… and more!
* Please arrive at the Bedroom Bar at 19:00 on the night and sign up to play
* Slots will be given on a first come basis
* Slots are 10 minutes for each performance
* We allocate half of the slots for music, and the other half are allocated for other types of performance
* Due to short slot lengths, we advise that smaller acoustic versions of large bands would suit the night perfectly!
(e.g. bring a cahon instead of a drumkit!)….
Audience: Doors open at 19:00 and it’s £5 on the door – there will be no tickets sold in advance for this show.
Show: kicks off at 20:00!
Polarbear is not a bear at all, but a Brummie, raised on hip-hop and Arthur Scargill, who writes stories and sometimes talks them on stage. His work has featured on BBC Radio 1, 3, 4 and 6, and he has performed around the world from Kuala Lumpur to California. He leads writing and performance projects nationally and internationally and can usually be found in the kitchen at house parties.
The yarn-spinning Brummie – The Times
You must go and listen to this man’s work – John Hillcock, XFM
His minimal style and unsettlingly straightforward and blunt lyricism make him shine out of the dross of a lot of spoken word – Dazed & Confused